Friday, December 17, 2010

8 days until Christmas - Yikes!!!

OK...I missed yesterday...sorry....the day just got away on me.

Today I am working on Teacher Gifts.  I am altering these photo boxes from Cosmo Cricket.  My intentions are to get them all altered (I have 6 to make) and then create some all occasion cards to put in them because who couldn't use cards right?

So here is the first completed box:

I used papers from My Mind's Eye Holly Jolly collection and cut them to fit each side of the box.  I used YES paste to adhere them to the box.  YES paste is so easy to use and holds wonderfully!!!!  I just spread it with my finger where I need it and I keep a bowl of water next to me and dip my finger in every once in awhile to help spread the paste around.  The paper doesn't wrinkle like it does with Mod Podge.  Then I cut out some flower shapes and misted them with water and scrunched them up into little balls. Then I opened them up and had these wonderful distressed flowers.  I layered them and added some brads.

Now...I have 5 more to make.  They are all covered and I have cut out the holes....just need to finish embellishing them. 



This afternoon we are heading up north to visit my Dad for the weekend.  Have a great weekend!!!!!!!!!

0 comments:

Finkydink Creations

My creations are protected!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Comment Counter - helps for give-a-ways :)

>

Networked blogs