Friday, August 27, 2010

A Beautiful Angel!

My mom asked me to create a mini album for her friends son and daughter who recently gave birth to a still born.  This was a difficult project for me....such a delicate subject.  I hope they enjoy this little book that captures their beautiful angel.

This week it is Dealers Choice over at Cricut Mini Albums so be sure to visit our blog for more great minis!


The cartridges I used for this project are Create a Critter and Everyday Paper Dolls.  I wanted the clouds to be glittery and I didn't have enough of the white glitter cardstock so I used some Glitter Glaze from lil' Davis Designs to coat the clouds front and back.  Then I brushed on some baby powder.  This worked great!  Any glitter glaze that was tacky was covered in powder and then it wasn't tacky anymore and it still looks great!  It also adds a hint of scent to the book (although I am not quite sure if that is a good or a bad thing in this situation :( )  I then used some Tim Holtz distress inks (tumbled glass) around the edge of the clouds to give them some depth.  


For the baby on the cover I used some chalk to pull out the cuts of the face and add some dimension to the outfit.  Then to finish off the album I added some flowers here and there.  I tried to keep it pretty simple and I didn't leave a lot of room for journaling as it is a sensitive subject.  There is a hidden pocket to slip in the obituary.


(I used a photo editing tool to cover up the photos; out of respect for the family)

(I found a fun and free photo editing tool called Picnik....I will have to play more with it!  www.picnik.com )

0 comments:

Finkydink Creations

My creations are protected!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Comment Counter - helps for give-a-ways :)

>

Networked blogs